The social insurance system of Indonesia is called JAMSOSTEK. The system includes health insurance, workmen’s compensation insurance, old-age benefit and death security. However, from 2014 onwards, a new social insurance ministry was set up called Badan Penyelenggara Jaminan Sosial (BPJS) which covers health &labor insurance.
The 3-Pillar Social security insurance system of Indonesia
- Social assistance/service: The social assistance / service system is funded by the State for the benefit of schools, old &poor people, and micro-business grants.
- Compulsory savings: Under this system everyone has to pay into a provision fund to take benefit from a public pension.
- Social insurance: Under the social insurance in Indonesia, everyone has to pay premium. However, the government pays the health care premium for the poor people.
Health Insurance system in Indonesia
From 2014 onwards, Indonesian nationals are required to join the health insurance program. Also, large-scale companies & SMEs and small scale businesses have to take part in the health insurance scheme.
The application scope is as follows:
- Government officers, police, soldiers, and private company employees. The foreigners & their families will be the objects if they have been working in Indonesia for over 6 months.
- Employees without employment contract and self-employed person. The foreigners &their families will be the objects if they have been working in Indonesia for over six months.
- Investors, persons with pension, employers, retired soldiers, and others.
At Establish Indonesia, we are a team of experienced CPAS engaged in offering the best social insurances services to clients in and outside Indonesia as per their needs.Our expertise in the industry has enabled us to cater to the needs of individuals as well as enterprises in the most amazing manner.
For more information on Social Insurance in Indonesia, feel free to get in touch with our experts here or simply let us know your concern at firstname.lastname@example.org